CSS Dementia Education
CSS Dementia Education is an opportunity for staff/volunteers within South West CSS Organizations to develop a toolkit of skills to support people living with dementia.
Whether you are a staff member or volunteer, it only takes three simple steps to transform the way you care.
Complete 5 online lessons (~2 hours)
- Lesson 1: Understanding Dementia
- Lesson 2: Dementia Supportive Approaches
- Lesson 3: Understanding Behaviour Change and the 8’A’s,
- Lesson 4: Meaningful Engagement
- Lesson 5: Living Safely with Dementia
Participate in a virtual reality (VR) session
Prerequisite: completion of five (5) online lessons.
- A facilitator-led, virtual reality session will enable participants to navigate difficult situations with confidence, competence, and compassion.
Customize your education session
- Our dementia education can be customized to meet the needs of your organization.
- This can help to address a challenge(s) or topic(s) specific to your organization
In partnership with: